Nancy J. Hayden, Ph.D., P.E
Associate Professor and Program Head
Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of Vermont
|Groundwater research with Dr. Rizzo
|Nora, Nancy, Nellie
- Systems Thinking and Engineering Education (see our website) www.uvm.edu/~sysedcee
- Ecological and Sustainable Practices Related to Water
and Waste Treatment
- Water Resources and Drinking Water Source Protection
- Treatment processes of soil, groundwater and wastewater
- Hayden, N. J., Rizzo, D. M., Dewoolkar, M. M., Neumann, M. D., Lathem, S., and Sadek, A., "Incorporating a systems approach into civil and environmental engineering curricula: effect on course redesign, and student and faculty attitudes," Tentatively accepted, in revision, Advances in Engineering Education.
- Latham, S., M. Neumann, N. Hayden. "The Socially Responsible Engineer: Assessing Student Attitudes of Roles and Responsibilities," Accepted, J. of Engineering Education.
- Dewoolkar, M. M., Hayden, N. J., and Porter, D. "Service-learning in engineering education and heritage preservation," In Press, International Journal of Architectural Heritage Conservation, Analysis and Restoration.
- Mouser, P.J., Rizzo, D.M., Druschel, G., Morales, S.E., Hayden, N., O'Grady, P., Stevens, L. Microbial Community Profiles Enhance Detection of Groundwater Contamination from a Leaking Waste Disposal Site. In press; Water Resources Research.
- M.S. Lee, A. Drizzo, D. Rizzo, G. Druschel, N. Hayden, E. Twohig. 2010. Evaluating the efficiency and temporal variation of pilot-scale constructed wetlands and steel slag phosphorus removing filters for treating dairy wastewater. Water Research 44:4077-4086.
- Dewoolkar, M. M., George, L. A., Hayden, N. J., and Neumann, M. 2009. "Hands-on undergraduate geotechnical engineering modules in the context of effective learning pedagogies, ABET outcomes, and curricular reform," J. of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice 135(4), 161-175
- Dewoolkar, M. M., George, L. A., Hayden, N. J., and Rizzo, D. M. 2009. "Vertical integration of service-learning into civil and environmental engineering curricula", International Journal of Engineering Education 25(6), 1257-1269.
- Hayden, N.J., J. Diebold, C. Farrell, R.Stacey, and J. Laible. 2006. "Characterization and removal of
sand and sand/clay layered media," J. of Contaminant Hydrology 86:53-71.
- Rossman, A.J., N.J. Hayden, and
D.M. Rizzo. 2006. Low temperature soil heating using renewable energy. J.
Environ. Eng 132 (5): 537.
A.J., A.W. Sadek, and N.J. Hayden. 2006. Fuzzy
GIS for Phytoremediation Plant Selection. J.
of Environ. Eng.
132 (1): 120-128.